Her Own Health is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
Who needs an eggroll with the wrapper when you can have all of the good stuff that goes inside of an eggroll in a gigantic bowl?
The Egg Roll in a Bowl is packed with Asian flavor and is a Keto, Paleo, Whole 30, gluten free, and dairy free recipe to make for easy meal prep or weeknight dinner. From beginning to end, your low carb eggroll recipe option will be ready in under 30 minutes.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Ingredients You Will Need:
1¼ lb. spicy bulk pork sausage
¼ c. water
3 c. green cabbage, shredded
1 medium carrot, shredded
½ t. garlic powder
2 T. toasted sesame oil
½ T. fresh ginger, finely minced
2 T. green onions, chopped
1 T. rice vinegar
2 T. coconut aminos
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 T. toasted sesame seeds
- Heat a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking the meat into small pieces as it cooks, for approximately 5-6 minutes. Once sausage is no longer pink, remove from heat and carefully drain excess grease from pan.
Safety Tip: Wipe off any excess fat that drips down the side of the pan before returning to burner. We dont’t need a fire in the kitchen. 😛
- Return skillet to heat. Add water and scrape up brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a spatula. Reduce heat to medium and add shredded cabbage, carrots, garlic powder, sesame oil, ginger, and green onions. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring frequently, until the cabbage wilts and the carrot softens, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add rice vinegar and coconut aminos and stir to combine. Cook another 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving platter or bowl. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information: *
Total Carbs: 8.38g
Net Carbs: 6.18g
*Source: HappyForks.com recipe analyzer.
Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice.
How can you make your own tweaks to this Egg in a Bowl Recipe?
- Use a bigger variety of vegetables – Broccoli, zucchini, and squash.
- There are many variety of cabbages on the market so chose the one that suits you.
- Pork is not the only meat you can use in this recipe. Feel free to use ground beeg, turkey, chicken or pork.
- If you love the recipe, but you are not on a Keto, Paleo, or Whole 30 you can definitely use gluten free soy sauce instead.
Results may vary. Information and statements made are for general purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. Her Own Health does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Her Own Health are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.