Her Own Health is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
As women, we love to be pampered, but treatments can be expensive. Fortunately, there is a DIY (Do It Yourself) facial with many benefits, make you feel like royalty and is easy on your wallet. Aztec Indian Clay Mask has been called The World’s Most Power Face Mask and for good reasons.
Do It Yourself Aztec Indian Clay Mask
What is Aztec Indian Clay Mask?
Aztec Indian clay mask is a super soft porous powdery substance that is commonly known as Bentonite clay.
Bentonite clay is a very popular healing clay that has been used around the world as a health and beauty product for centuries by indigenous individuals, including Cleopatra.
Surprisingly, bentonite clay is made from formed volcanic ash. The biggest supply of the clay continues to be located in Fort Benton, Wyoming.
How Does Bentonite Clay Work?
Bentonite clay is made from many minerals such as magnesium, potassium, calcium, sodium, and iron; thus, it can provide the body with many nutrients.
Also, adding certain liquids to the clay gives it a negative electrical charge, which, in turn, removes toxins from the skin and body. If you wish to have clear, fresh, and subtle skin, here are some reasons why you should try bentonite clay.
Also, Read:5 Amazing Health Benefits of Bentonite Clay
What Are the Benefits of Aztec Indian Clay Mask?
- Manage, decrease or rid Acne
- Draws dirt from pores
- Removes toxins from the skin
- Helps to heal facial scarring
- Controls oily skin
- Makes skin softer
- Exfoliates skin
- Evens skin tone
How to Use Aztec Indian Healing Clay Mask for the Skin?
DIY Aztec Clay is very simple to make. You will need the following items: Aztec Indian clay, apple cider vinegar, nonmetal mixing bowl, and a Nonmetal spoon or stirrer.
- Mix equal parts of Apple cider vinegar and Aztec Indian clay
- Stir apple cider vinegar and Aztec Indian Clay until it becomes a paste
- Apply a thin layer to face and neck, let it sit on your face and neck for 15 minutes for normal skin 5-10 minutes for sensitive skin then rinse with warm water. It’s normal to feel a tingling sensation on your skin as it dries. The clay mask will also contract as your face absorbs the trace minerals.
- After the time is up, or before the clay mask completely dries up, you’ll want to wash it off with warm water and a soft washcloth.
Apply the Aztec clay mask once or twice or week to meet and maintain your skincare goal. Your skin may have a bit of redness after removing the clay mask, but it should go away in about 30 minutes.
Important Information Regarding Aztec Indian Healing Clay Mask
- Although many claim Aztec Indian clay is safe for all skin types, you should always be careful as you should with anything new you are introducing to your body. Test the mixture on a small part of your face to ensure you are not allergic, or the mixture is not to harsh for your skin.
- Do not leave the mask on beyond the recommended time, but wash it off before it dries. When the clay dries on the skin, it can become uncomfortable and hard to remove.
- Always use a glass or plastic bowl and a plastic or wooden spoon. Here is the one I use, so I don’t have to use my kitchen bowls and utensils. Face Mask Mixing Bowl.
- To keep from ruining clay, keep the container in a dry, cool, and dark area in your home.
Where to Buy Items Needed For DIY Aztec Indian Clay Mask?
You can purchase Aztec Indian clay, apple cider vinegar, and facial bowls from many health or natural food stores. If you don’t want to waste time driving all over town trying to find them, you can save money and time by purchasing them all on Amazon.
Results may vary. Information and statements made are for general purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. Her Own Health does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Her Own Health are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.